Director, BPhty (USYD), APAM, IADMS
Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association
Member of International Association of Dance Medicine and Science
Member of Women’s Health Training Associates
Functional Movement Screen Certified
Merrithew STOTT Pilates Certification
Xtend Barre Certification
Winnie is the founder of Movement Laboratory and is our principal physiotherapist and team leader. Her special interests are in treating dance and women’s health issues. Her role in the clinic is to lead with mission, vision, and purpose; thus she is evenly divided between treating, mentoring, and business development.
Following a successful dance career, Winnie moved into physiotherapy. As a physio, dancer and Pilates instructor herself, she has been passionate in working with dancers since early in her career. Winnie uses an intuitive approach to identify movement asymmetry and dysfunction which contribute to ongoing pain and reduced performance. She has collaborated with schools and companies including Cirque du Soleil, McDonald College, Brent Street, Sydney Pole, and many others, treating dancers from ballet to Latin to pole to hip hop.
In 2018, Winnie started focusing on Women’s Health Physiotherapy. She discovered her love in helping women with pregnancy care and recovery, incontinence, prolapse, pain, and a range of other conditions related to pelvic floor dysfunction. Since then, she has worked with over 520 expectant and postnatal mums, and is continually upskilling and aligning her knowledge with the latest research. She is currently writing a book geared towards high school girls to increase awareness of these topics earlier in womanhood.
Winnie brings the same level of care to all her patients. She is a firm believer that quick fixes do not last, and lasting fixes are not quick. She adapts her systematic, persistent and caring treatment approach to educate and guide you through your rehabilitation.
Outside of the clinic, Winnie enjoys a quiet read, travelling, architecture, and is a mum to her baby girl, Darcey.
- Dance Physio
- Pelvic Floor & Women’s Health Physio
- Dry Needling
- Pessary fitting
- Clinical Pilates
B.App.Sc Physiotherapy (University of Sydney, Aust)
B.Sci Anatomical Sciences (University of Bristol, UK)
Relevant Post Graduate Training
- Complete and Advance Lumbar spine and Pelvis – Aust Specialist Physiotherapy Education
- Complete and Advance Upper Quadrant – Aust Specialist Physiotherapy Education
- Treatment of Pelvic and Lumbar Spine Level 1, 2 – Advance Manual Therapy Associates
- Treatment of Cervical, Thoracic Spine and Cage – Advance Manual Therapy Associates
- Lynn Watson Shoulder
- Visceral manipulation VM1- Barrel Institute
- Progressive Ballet Technique – Marie Walton-Mahon
- Dance Physiotherapy Level 1, 2 – Lisa Howell
- Dance Foot and Ankle – Sue Mayes
- Dancer’s Hip – Sue Mayes
Womens Health Training Associates
- Introductory Women’s Health Course
- Prolapse and Stress Incontinece
- Pelvic Floor Pain Disorders
- Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic Floor relation to to Ex, Sport and Musculoskeletal Dysfunction
- 2021 Pelvic Health Research updates