Are you a motivated allied health professional that really cares about your job and loves being a valued part of a team?
- Do you have similar mindset and values as ours?
- Do you want to have the support to specialise in your chosen field and treat your ideal patients?
- Do you want to have the capacity to earn $90,000-120,000 per annum, with admin time built into your week?
- Are you a great physiotherapist, with excellent inter-personal skills and a thirst for ongoing knowledge?
- Do you want to have autonomy, mastery and purpose injected into your physiotherapy career?
Are you the brilliant physiotherapist we are looking for?
If so, you will be:
- Pilates qualified, or experienced practitioner looking at obtaining teaching certification
- Incredibly passionate about helping people move well and feel great.
- Relentless in your pursuit of excellence, willing to stretch beyond your comfort level.
- Constantly seeking to grow yourself, personally and professionally.
- Someone who has a proven track record of building and maintaining a private practice caseload.
You will be responsible for:
- Independently managing patients (assessment, diagnosis, planning and treatment), and using admin time to your advantage.
- Communicating with any relevant parties (GPs, specialists, sports clubs, etc)
- Participating in activities to attract and retain our valued clients.
- Conducting activities such as community seminars, regular staff in-services and practice-based non-clinical activities.
Our Promise & Benefits of a Career with Movement Laboratory
- Weekly 1-1 practitioners team meeting
- Monthly team meeting
- Fortnightly 1-1 personal development mentoring
- Monthly team meeting
- Monthly professional development inservice
- Continuing professional development budget
- Day off on your birthday!
- Guidance and support to build your career and expand your options
- Raise your profile in the community and within the healthcare industry
- You will be measured against a set of Clinical Excellence Indicators, such as your utilisation rate, PVA, client touch-points, and content creation.
Your hours will be 60% treating (manual therapy), 40% teaching (movement classes, privates, etc), with 2 paid administration hours per week.
If your are specialised in Women’s Health, dance, chronic pain, or any other domains, we will aim to fill up 70% of your bookings with your ideal patient types. We believe excellence comes from specialisation, and we continue to polish your skillset in your chosen field.
Applicants must have AHPRA registration and professional indemnity insurance. You must have the right to work in Australia. Visa sponsorship will not be accepted.
Senior and Leadership Physiotherapist role exists between two reputable clinics that offer MSK, Dance and Pelvic Health Physiotherapy. Both clinics are ran by the same team and founder, and service the Inner West in Sydney.
Movement Laboratory is a Physiotherapy and Pilates clinic in Leichhardt, with MSK, Dance physios and Pilates instructor in the team.
Papaya Clinic is an integrative Women’s Health Clinic in Newtown with physios, naturopaths and TCM practitioner in the team.
We have 19 team members across both teams, a Practice Manager and Founder as main leadership team, and and we are looking for a Senior Physiotherapist (MSK or Pelvic Health) to grow as part of our Leadership Team within the first 6-8 months.
We have a growth mindset, and are progressive and innovative.
The team of 19 is led by Winnie Wu, founder of The Clinic Project, an experienced physiotherapist and business strategist who is passionate about empowering clinicians to create a fulfilling career.
We have a big vision to become leaders in the Clinical Pilates and Physiotherapy, and our specialisation and service types are driven by our team’s skillset and interests.
Manual Therapy + Movement + Collaborative Care
Leichhardt clinic is 5 years old and specialises in Musculoskeletal, Dance, and Women’s and Men’s health physiotherapy, whilst Papaya Clinic is new and a Multidisciplinary clinic for Women’s Healthcare.
We believe in collaborative care, thus added in naturopath, psychologist and TCM practitioners in the team in mid 2023. Our focus is to bring holistic integrative care to women.
We have a strong Clinical Pilates stream, and run 60 1:3 Studio Rehab Class, and 20 1:6 Clinical Reformer class in our Leichhardt location. We will hold Pilates and Yoga classes in Newtown, starting December onwards.
We focus on growth & up skilling
We are real, genuine and loved by our local community. The clinic is able to cater for your chosen field of physiotherapy be it in MSK, Dance or pelvic health, and we actively encourage further education (grad cert/ masters).
We don’t put you in a box. As a Business and Clinical Mentor, Winnie values developing her clinicians to be well rounded individuals inside and out of the clinical realm. We cater for how you want to grow your career – be it treating only, or you want to upskill in marketing, leadership, business, Winnie can provide oppurtunities and guidance to help you shape your career within our two clinic brands.
What we are looking for – a Leadership Position to fill
- > 5 years clinical experience, preferably >3 years in Private Practice
- We are looking for someone with equal competence on clinical skillset, maturity, with a growth mindset.
- Whilst leadership skills can be developed, we are looking for individuals with great interpersonal skills and basic leadership skills which we can develop into a great leader for our clinical team
- Depending on if you are MSK or Pelvic Health focused, you will be providing mentoring for that specialty, and seek out external mentors for the other streams
- >30 hours commitment, preferably Full Time.
- Long term commitment only – 2 Year Contract minimum
- Value collaborative care and our team approach
- Pilates/ Movement teaching qualification a bonus, but not required.
- Titled Physiotherapist a bonus, but not required.
- Start date – to be agreed between both parties (we do not hire until we find the right person who can lead our team of clinicians)
Current APA full registration required.
- You will work closely with Winnie and our Practice Manager to grow our clinics. The trio will be responsible for all Leadership Tasks in the clinics.
- You are responsible for our team’s Clinical Performance- will discuss in detail during interview
- Once fully settled in the Leadership role, there is the opportunity to take on Outreach, Publicity and marketing work if interested, or stay purely clinical, the responsibilities are flexible as long as our Clinical Team is taken care of.
- This is a managerial role, to support our team of 7 physiotherapists – to share Winnie’s mentoring load in developing their clinical skills, personal development, and anything that will help our team flourish as individuals.
Benefits and perks
- No work on your birthday!
- Business, and leadership development opportunities/ events/ programs – Winnie values up skilling and development. She will share her love of continual learning with you.
- $1500 PD towards Clinical Skills / Postgrad/ Grad qualifications
- Salary pay structure
- Be part of a growing team and have big visions to make a dent in our profession!
On your application please include an updated CV and preferably a cover letter for us to screen applications faster with more accuracy.
Thank you! We look forward to hearing from you, and hope you’re as excited as we are for this role.
About the role
Leichhardt practice is looking for a full time Physiotherapist who will grow with the company. Dance background is essential, and if you have any background teaching dance/ pilates/ movement work, that’d be a bonus.
Your work hours will be divided as follows:
- 38 full time hours.
- 2 paid admin hours for doctors writing, patient follow ups, article writing, etc
- 1 team meeting per week
- 2 30 mins 1-1 with director per week for the first 5 months
- Clinical hours seeing patients: 35% Pilates/ Dance conditioning, 65% Physio
Skills and experience
– Current APA registration, full registration
– Able to teach Studio Pilates equipment – Cadi, Chair, Reformer, if not will have to take Polestar course at the start of employment
– Strong MSK clinical reasoning and manual therapy skills
– Proactive, genuine, easy going and really care for our patients
– 2 years private practice experience preferred. Strong new grads with the right dance and teaching background are welcome to apply
– Professional indemnity insurance to the value of $20M
Start Date: As soon as position is filled
On going hire…