This is an outline of the measures we are taking specific to Movement Laboratory Physiotherapy. We expect all our patients with upcoming appointments to read through all measures carefully and kindly adhere to them.
For all our patients:
- We will stay home if we have the sniffles and ask that you do the same. If you have any signs and symptoms, please do not come in!
- You are required to wash your hands with soap upon entry. Please go straight to the kitchen and wash your hands for 20 seconds prior to touching any surfaces.
- We recommend that you use hand sanitiser provided before you leave.
- We are using hospital-grade disinfectants for a thorough clean at the end of every day. We are constantly wiping down and disinfecting between every class and patient.
- To minimise card and cash handling, we encourage everyone to register for Medipass if you have not already done so. It supports most health funds and Medicare claims. It’s like Paypal for healthcare – you can claim your private health rebate and pay the gap through the app, without swiping your cards on the machine.
- We ask you to be patient while our admin staff wipe down the Eftpos machine and use hand sanitiser between transactions.
- If you’ve travelled overseas in the last 14 days, please let us know and reschedule your appointment. If you have visitors from overseas staying with you, please self-isolate for 14 days as suggested by the government.
- No magazines in the clinic anymore
- No cups available in the kitchen – feel free to use our tap, but please bring your own water bottle.
- All items in Lost & Found will be thrown out after 3 days if they are unclaimed.
- No exposed tissues anywhere in the clinic. All food and tissues go into the kitchen bin. We empty our bins daily.
For our Class Attendees (all the above applies):
- Please bring your own gym towel.
- We are forever changing our class formations to ensure our patients are 1.5m apart from each other.
- We have adjusted our repertoire to ensure we do not mix pieces of equipment and props between patients. You will all be on just one piece of equipment/station per class and we will rotate from class to class. For example, one person on the Reformer, one on the Chair, one on the Cadillac. This will make no difference to your workout as it’s still tailored to your needs and we will make it challenging and fun as always.
- We are wiping down all equipment after each class with antibacterial wipes, and disinfecting all surfaces and benches. This will take a bit longer – your patience is appreciated.
- Socks are required in classes. No exceptions.
For our Physio Patients (all the above applies):
- No more bed covers! We are wiping down our beds with disinfectant between every patient.
- Disposable face pads to be used for every patient.
- Fresh towels to line the beds for every patient. However, you are most welcomed to bring your own towel!
- We are doing our laundry more frequently than usual and to the cleaning guidelines for disinfecting towels as suggested by the health department.
- All exposed tissues in the physio bin are only used to wipe down ultrasound gel on the equipment. Please do not worry!
Please be aware that our team is well across the ever-evolving information and we will keep you informed of any changes to our clinic.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We hope you stay active – exercise is shown to boost your immune system in magical ways 🙂
We will see you as much as possible and stay safe!!