From Winnie the founder of Movement Laboratory.
As Sydney is going into 2 weeks lockdown starting tonight, I wish everyone safe and sound and all ready for the next two weeks coming! I have received many emails asking if we remain open, so I hope to provide some clarification!
“Physiotherapy is deemed essential service during the lockdown period, people who have been to Greater Sydney or surrounds are still able to access medical care, including physiotherapy at this stage. Therefore our Leichhardt clinic remains open, and all consultations and classes remain as is.”
- 80% of us are fully vaccinated (2 doses), if not have received at least 1 dose
- QR code check in at the door
- Mask is mandatory, please BYO or $2 each
- Please wash your hands in the kitchen area when you arrive
- Hand sanitise before touching any surface
- Please wait outside/ upstairs/ in the kitchen/ in the backyard/ anywhere you want, just don’t stand so close to each other 🙂
If you have a physio booking in the next 2 weeks….
- We assume you will attend your consultation unless you have cancelled in advance (18 hours notice is appreciated)
- Telehealth option is available, and this has proven very helpful for our patients last year during the height of the first wave
- If you wish to reschedule, please reply to this email and we will contact you on Monday! Alternatively, please book online and leave a note to let us know which appointment you wish to cancel.
If you have a class booking in the next 2 weeks…
- If you are uncomfortable attending your class, please reply to this email asap. This will be extremely helpful for us to make changes necessary for the business in advance. All practitioners are working our usual hours, so we hope to see your faces!
- 4m2 rule
- We have enough space for everyone to spread out
- Classes are reduced to 2 people only whenever possible (I do expect some level of cancellation this coming 2 weeks. So for those who attend your class, our clinic is a safe space for you)
- Please bring your own towel to put on equipments
- Mask is mandatory
Full list of Precautionary Measures in the Clinic
For all our patients:
- We will stay home if we have the sniffles and ask that you do the same. If you have any signs and symptoms, please do not come in!
- You are required to wash your hands with soap upon entry. Please go straight to the kitchen and wash your hands for 20 seconds prior to touching any surfaces.
- We recommend that you use hand sanitiser provided before you leave.
- We are using hospital-grade disinfectants for a thorough clean at the end of every day. We are constantly wiping down and disinfecting between every class and patient.
- No magazines in the clinic anymore
- No cups available in the kitchen – feel free to use our tap, but please bring your own water bottle.
- All items in Lost & Found will be thrown out after 3 days if they are unclaimed.
- No exposed tissues anywhere in the clinic. All food and tissues go into the kitchen bin. We empty our bins daily.
For our Class Attendees (all the above applies):
- Please bring your own towel.
- We are forever changing our class formations to ensure our patients are 2m apart from each other.
- We have adjusted our repertoire to ensure we do not mix pieces of equipment and props between patients. You will all be on just one piece of equipment/station per class and we will rotate from class to class. For example, one person on the Reformer, one on the Chair, one on the Cadillac. This will make no difference to your workout as it’s still tailored to your needs and we will make it challenging and fun as always.
- We are wiping down all equipment after each class with antibacterial wipes, and disinfecting all surfaces and benches. This will take a bit longer – your patience is appreciated.
- Socks are required in classes. No exceptions.
For our Physio Patients (all the above applies):
- No more bed covers! We are wiping down our beds with disinfectant between every patient.
- Disposable face pads to be used for every patient.
- Fresh towels to line the beds for every patient. However, you are most welcomed to bring your own towel!
- We are doing our laundry more frequently than usual and to the cleaning guidelines for disinfecting towels as suggested by the health department.
- All exposed tissues in the physio bin are only used to wipe down ultrasound gel on the equipment. Please do not worry!
Thanks so much! I hope this is helpful for you all.
Cheers to the beginning of lockdown.
Our team hope to see you in clinic, and please stay healthy.
Winnie W.Y Wu